The Dawei University Library (DWUL) is the two storeyed building and locates at the right side of Dawei University’s main building. At first it was founded as the Regional College Library of Tanintharyi Division in 1977. The name Regional College Library was changed to Dawei College Library in 1980 and upgraded to Dawei Degree College Library in 1999. Then the Dawei University Library was upgraded in 2000. The faculty staff and administrative staff did the library works alternately under rule of the Rectors. The librarian Daw Yin Yin Aye was assigned in April, 2016. And then the re-energized programmes of DWUL were started for library functions and library services including the learning spaces and library decoration, delivery of educational contents, capacity building, Library Automation System and IT facilities, honoring the best uses of library, etc.
DWUL intends to support the mother university’s vision and mission, to support the research of the faculty staff and students. It has the effective collection of all kinds of works on various academic subjects and aesthetic literature, theses and dissertations, research papers of Dawei University, and research journals of Art and Science Universities. These collections are mainly intended not only for teaching and learning but also for research and reference purposes. DWUL has the special collection of books on Dawei and cultural heritage of Dawei ancient cities. Both print and digital collections are also collected according to Knowledge Age.
The total collection of DWUL comprises of :
Myanmar books (about) 11,574
English books (about) 18,271
Periodical (titles) 22
e-Resources (about) 3000
e-Catalogue (item) 2500
Union catalogue (item) 1497
There are six databases including Burma Gazetteer, JBRS, Proceedings of CONSAL, MHCL, U Moe Myint Digital Library, and eTekkatho Digital Library. Among these databases, Burma Gazetteer, JBRS, Proceedings of CONSAL, MHCL can be accessed from ELIB Library Automation System at DWUL. e-resources of U Moe Myint Digital Library and eTekkatho Digital Library can be accessed and browsed in e-Library room at DWUL without Internet connection.
· Burma Gazetteer: 13 Districts including Akyab District, Amherst District, Bhamo District, Henzada District, Lower Chindwin District, (Upper Myanmar), Mergui District, Salween District, Sandway District, Shwebo District, Tharawaddy District, Upper Chindwin District, and Mandalay District;
· JBRS (The Journal of Burma Research Society) (1911-1977): complete set of 59 volumes;
· Proceeding: 1st to 10th Congress of Southeast Asian Librarian (CONSAL);
· MHCL: selective works on Myanmar History, Culture, Archaeology and Literature after Independence with their abstracts in electronic form and easilytraced with
· U Moe Myint Digital Library: books on Myanmar history and other
· eTekkatho Digital Library: over 1,700 full text academic resources covering
the various subjects.
On the ground floor
· Circulation service
· Reference service
· General reading room
· e-Catalogue data entry and library automation
On the first floor
. Special reading room
. Special collection room
DWUL offers various services to support the academic study and research as
. Reference and information services
Special collection service
. General reading room services
. e-Library services: e-Catalog, e-Book, Online/Offline databases
. Library orientation services
Librarian and its predecessors
· Daw Cho Cho Than 2019 to date
· Daw Yin Yin Aye 2016-2019
· Daw Cho Cho Than 1993-2016
Currently the number of staff in DWUL is (6) permanent staff and (1) daily wage
. Assistant Librarian (1)
. Library Assistant G-2 (1)
. Library Assistant G-3 (3)
. Others (2)
You can search e-Catalogues on computer.
· Select the Database
· You can enter Title, Author, Subject or Keyword in the Search Box then click the Search button.
9:30am to 4:30 pm (Monday – Friday)
(closed on Gazetted holidays)